With Hurricane Florence approaching the Carolina coast, it is crucial for our residents to not only stay safe, but be informed and prepared.
Our team has compiled together a list of Safety/Emergency Resources and Preparation Tips that will be valuable during this major hurricane warning.
For More Preparation Tips visit Ready.gov/hurricanes
|📲 Hurricane Updates|
SC Emergency Management Division
|SCEG to Report Downed Lines||https://www.sceg.com/outages-emergencies/power-outages/report-outage-online#LookupByPhone/ReportOutage||1-888-333-4465|
|SCEG to Report Gas Leaks||https://www.sceg.com/outages-emergencies/safety-preparedness/natural-gas-pipeline-safety||1-800-815-0083|
Helpful Preparation Tips
- Have all important identification and documents on-hand. Reference this link from FEMA for a helpful list.
- Stock your emergency kit with non-perishable food/snacks & water for at least 3 days, first aid supplies, medications, flashlights & batteries and cash. Charge up all portable chargers.
- Have pet food, medications, leashes & carriers ready if needed. Bring all pets inside prior to storm.
- Fill up gas tanks on vehicles, and any extra tanks for generators. Propane for gas grill (will come in handy to cook if extended power loss).
- Fill ziplock bags with water and freeze them – they’ll keep things cold if the power goes out. Fill bathtubs with water (use this to refill toilet tanks). Fill washing machine with water & ice (use for drinks and when it melts, it will drain away).
- Clean out coolers – if fridge goes out, put frozen bags and frozen foods in to keep refrigerated foods cool.
- If you have kids, download the Netflix app there’s an offline viewing mode.
- Bring outside patio furniture, umbrellas, trampolines, grills etc inside, or at a minimum secure them. Think about any item outside that could cause damage in high winds.
- If in direct path of storm & expecting possible losses of property, do a photo or video walk through for insurance purposes prior to evacuation.