If you live in the flood plain and/or pay flood insurance, FEMA has sent out a document explaining the new rules to flood insurance. It basically states that you can do nothing and your rate will go up around 15% a year for 5 years OR you can get a flood elevation certificate from a surveyor and it could go down. Now sure what a flood elevation certificate is? Not to worry, watch the video above where Insurance Agent Travis Hudson explains how will affect us, what a flood elevation certificate it is, and how we can get one. 

Lastly, if you do need a flood elevation certificate, Baxter Surveying is happy to help you. They usually run somewhere between $600-$800 depending on the size of your property. Give Claire Baxter a call 803-252-8564